Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 113 --> M2 Day 31: PAST ---> PASSED!

Hey Shredders.

Happy is deffinetely something i could describe myself as right now!
We drove down 400 km to rammstein, taking more than 4 hours and then met up with my recruiter to take the PAST.
I was a little skeptic at first in the car because on the night before I ended up sleeping no more than one hour.

First came the 20 meter underwater swim.
When we were supposed to warm up for that and get used to the water, i just dived in and did 25 for fun. Noone but my dad saw though, lol
There was one other guy around my age who took the PAST with me
For the underwaters i just took it easy and ended up beating him by several meters(in speed not distance), even though i wasnt going fast =P. Noo problem at all
But we both made it.

10 minute rest was given inbetween

For the 500 meter swim in minimum 14 minutes:
I blazed off, instantly leaving the other contestant behind me.
Right before they said that a great time for each lap(1 time back and forth) would be 1.20 min, resulting in 13.20. And according to them most people failed on the swim.
The were shocked when i came out of the pool with more than 3 minutes left to spare and breathing calmly.
I completed it in 10.50 min . 3 min and 10 sec less than required.
The other duy taking the past had a much harder time and failed the swim with 14.40 min.

On the to the 1.5 mile in minimum 10.45 min run:
They had a very strange track, which wasnt like your usual 400 meter running track. you ran to a certain point, made 7 laps around a big square and ran to the end about 100 meters away still.
New experience for me, ill tell you that.
This time i was beaten by the other contestant. He made it in 10.40 and i came in exactly on 10.45,bareley scratching the requirement.
Great feeling to make it, even if it was so close.

TO the Calistenics:

First chin ups/pull ups. 6 required in 1 min:

They told us to do the minimum requirement with the calistenics and just leave it with that so we had energy for the rest.
I did the 6 chinups with unfamiliar ease feeling like i could do another 4 or 5.
The other guy also made this but seemed to have a more difficult time.
Good that i bought the pull-up bar on my last trip to the states.


Sit Ups. 45 required 2 min:

They told us to do 50 and just leave it there.
I still had 45 seconds to spare after completing the sit ups.


Push Ups. 45 required in 2 min:

We were told to do 45 and leave it there.
I ended up doing 45 with almost a whole minute left to spare this time.
But i was almost at my limit anyways.
Afterwards the recruiter asked me why i didnt use the butt-in-the-air rest position.
I said, that i read it was illegal during the PAST.
He told me that it wasnt.
Knowing that would have made my life alot easier, and i would have b een able to do at least 55 in total or more in the 2 minutes.

Lastly Flutter Kicks.45 required in 2 min:

Now this surprized me a bit, because i thought, that each leg had to go up once for it to be one flutter kick. Turns out that each leg had to go up 2 times for 1 flutter icks, thereby resulting in 4 kicks.
I ended up doing 48 just for fun even though he tried to stop us at 45.


PAST: PASSED!

The recruiter took us to lunch since we were the first people he ever had to test the PAST on.
We went to chili's, which is a awesome american restaurant that exists regretfully only in one place in germany, and we were there, lol.

Now that i qualify entirely for the Special Operations job that i want he told me that i will have to stay here till february most likely.
He's still looking if theres something availible more aerly, but the odds are 70 to 30 that ill stay here till february.


On the drive back home, I got a blasting headache. About a half an hour after our arrival back at home i went to bed and slept though till just now. I ended up sleeping about 14 hours straight, lol.

Well thats really all for now. Ill update you on day 32 this evening.
Hope you all had fun with day 4 of the group shred 2.0
I certainly did.

Shred on everyone

Danny

P.S.:Hope you dont mind the freakish grin too much, lol

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Danny (or should I call you Mark Phelps?) - a big congrats on your swim times. You are an athlete if I've ever seen one!!

juli gets happy said...

DANNY! CONGRATULATIONS!

You made it! I knew it and you achieved your goal without any problem!

You are just GREAT! Enjoy your success, I am happy to have you in the Shredder-sphere.

Juli

Danny said...

Lol, thanks debbie and juli fot the quick and awseome comments.
Im happy to have you guys in the shredder-sphere as well.

Danny

Otter Christy said...

Congratulations! That's so amazing how strong and fast you are. I'm not familiar with what the PAST is, but man does it sound hard. GREAT JOB! You're so fit.

Danny said...

the PAST is the Phisical Aptitude and Stamina Test, christy, and i needed it to qualify for the special forces job i enlisted for in the air force.
Still have alot more time to get ALOT fitter till i leave, lol.
Thanks for commenting

Danny

Ron said...

Congratulations, Danny! I knew you'd smash those tests given how hard you have been training.

Unknown said...

SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! and congrats on your success. I'me very happy for you!

KaliLilla.com said...

WOW! Awesome job Danny! I would be grinning too!

Danny said...

Thanks for commenting and complimenting, you three.
Now my new goal till february will be to prepare for basic training,lol.

Shred on

Danny

Mike Groom said...

Congratulations Danny! Your hard work and dedication has paid off mate. Well done!

Danny said...

thanks mike, hope that now, where there isno more PAST to pass, i dont start slacking off somehow.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...We could call him Danny Phelps! Way to go, man! It was funny to have you refer to Chili's as "an awesome Anerican restaurant" How funny....I guess because I can go to one any time I want!

Danny said...

you many not believe it but to a certain degree, im happy that we dont have it. Lowerrs the temptation level for exellent food, lol.
Danny

Anonymous said...

so i'm a little late with the congratulations. but anyways, Congratulations! you have done so well over the past 113 days! I was just going back over all your posts and you have certainly made some awesome progress!

Danny said...

thanks for stopping by suzette. No worries about beeing late, lol.
Progress is slowing a bit now. It always looks more impressive to go from a blob to a lean body, rather than seeing slow muscle accumulation, lol.

Danny