Monday, May 18, 2009

Back with News + New Shred Mission!

Hey Shredders

Ill get right to the point.
I didnt make it into my careerfield, as i failed to complete the PAST test again.
This time it was mainly Form that gave me the finishing blow.

For those of you who dont know about the PAST test from my earlier posts, here are the details:

500 m swim in 14 min or less
1.5 mile run in 10:45 or less
6 pull ups in 1 minute
45 pushups in 2 minutes
45 situps in 2 minutes
45 flutter kicks in 2 minutes

The pushups and pull ups were my downfall
The socalled CCT(Combat Control) pushups, involve me going far below a 90 degree angle and come back up and lock out my elbows before doing it again.
If the form was off, the pushup wouldnt count.
ANd for the pull ups, your head cannot be tilted upwards at all, and your body cannot swing in the slightest. The adamsapple has to be well over the bar, while the bar almost touches the chest.

Anyhow, due to this "little" inconvienience, i will have to reclass into another careerfield within the air force.
However it will take up to a monmth for me to reclass and leave for my tech school.

I can crosstrain back into Combat Controller in 2 years minimum, and i deffinetely plan to do so.
2 years for me to get in the by far best shape in my life and 2 years for me to be able to break all the recors on the PAST test.

And once again i want to reach over to my good friends in the shreddersphere and share this journey with you. I cant tell for sure how often i can use the mission based concept, due to deployments in the future.
I will do my very best to do so though.
its time to get back on track.

It has been 2 weeks since i failed the PAST test.
Now to the truth.
To be completely honest in these last 2 weeks i have let everything go to hell entirely. BK, popeyes, cold cut sandwiches, M&M's and tons of Soda. Not a very healthy lifestyle.
I have been working out in irregular intervalls over this time, and have therewith saved myself from completely balooning. However I did gain a several pounds over this period of time.
You probably will notice this in tomorrows picture.

Why tomorrows picture? you ask?

Because I am starting mission 4!

Mission 4: 100 Days of Hell

Start: 18th May 2009
Finish: 25th August 2009

Goals:
15 Pull Ups
70 CCT Push Ups in 2 minutes
70 CCT Sit Ups in 2 minutes
200 Flutter Kicks
500 meter swim in less than 8:30
1.5 mile run in 9 minutes
Manage to bench 250 pounds for 1 rep
Hold Plank for 5 minutes

I will have the opportunity to go to the gym almost daily now, and occassionally go to the pool as well.

Condition to mission: No Soda, No Candy, No Junk Food.
(just threw away 3/4th of my peanut M&M's Bag)

I have protein powder here.
Have to buy more milk tomorrow.
My fridge is packed with tuna.

I think i am pretty well prepared for now.

Thank you for reading, Shredders
Mission 4 will be going live tomorrow with my first daily picture.
Hope you will enjoy my ride as much as I will,

Shred on everyone

Danny

1 comment:

Ron said...

Those standards on the PAST test are tough, Danny! However, I'm sure with your 100-day mission you'll be cranking out those pushups and pullups no sweat.

I'm sure your little junk food interlude is okay, as it gives you a mental break from the discipline needed. Nobody can be perfect all the time.

Good luck!