Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 171 - 173

Hey Shredders

Since I wont be shredding daily, ill update in 3 day bursts till the end of my mission.

On Saturday i wasnt able to go to the gym.
Was still to exhausted from the trip. Also the opening and closing times werent convinient.

On Sunday I went to the YMCA for the first time.
Worked out in the gym for 45 minutes. Did my benching, but regretfully here i didnt know the weight of the bar, also i needed to translate from kg to lbs. So I did an estimated 78 kg. It worked out with the 5x5 workout though.

Afterwards i went to the pool which was almost only filled with cholrine(it seemed, lol) and swam for an hour and 15 minutes.

Today was a "inbetween day". Ill go to the YMCA every second day, so this is the inbetween day.
Finally got entirely adjusted to the timezone, and got some well timed sleep yesterday.

Anyways, while I was watching TV yesterday, I came across a commercial that I had seem countless times on my previous trips. This is the first trip that it really bothered me.
It was a commercial for a fat loss pill.
"do you feel like everything you try to lose fat fails? Then try this"
Then it also tried to reel you in with the 30 risk free deal while its obvious that people wouldnt bother sending it back. Since it has more than 30 servings, people would either continue taking it till it was too late for return, or they wouldn't have sufficient self-esteem to figure that they were beeing screwed over.
Then they continued, that in average, 77-78% of the lost bodyweight was "pure bodyfat". So If you lost 10 kg, then 2.2 kg would be lost muscle.
Its so much harder to put on a kilogramm of muscle than losing a kg of fat.
Even for a cheat product, that isnt a good rate.

And since this commercial has been running for over 3 years, we know that people are still searching for the bogus magic pill that will melt off the fat. If these scams were recognized right away, they would be kicked off the air in no time.

To anyone thinking of trying out the magic pills, all I can say is: dont!
The real method to burn fat, is not new and doesnt need a scientific document to prove it(though I bet it exists). Eat less, burn more! Thats all.
If you already are deadset on buying these pill or have already, then I cant give you any better advice, but to watch what happens and keep a realistic perspective on what is happening to you so you will learn from your mistakes.

Thats all for today
Shred on everyone

Danny
(yeah, i know this post ran out a bit long, lol :D)

No comments: