Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 49 --> M1 P2 Day 44: Sore

Hello shredders

Hope you like the new chart for the challenge.
Im putting an updated version under my post today as well.
Please everyone who decided to join in, send me a comment with the stats i need. The chart is a bit empty if im the only one doing something. Thanls for competing by the way, i appreciate it.
Well as the below chart shows, i only did 100 Push Ups today. It seems, yesterday's pushups really hit my chest fast and hard!
To reach the 3000 Push up goal i need to do 150 a day, if i do it constantly. Today combined with yesterday, it fits perfectly.
Also my abs and legs are really sore from yesterday's workout.

Well next to the push ups i went to the softball training. Our coach really pushed us hard, so i deffinetely got my cardio in today.
It was way to cold this morning to go swimming.
The pool inside doesnt open till 3 pm...
If its the same tomorrow, im going cycling instead of swimming.

its strange how the cycling actually influenced my running style. I noticed it alot since i last went cycling. I now take smaller, more frequent steps and am therefor alot faster than before, especially on sprints. This is because, while cycling, you have a very limited range of motion with the legs, and i got used to it.
SO i reccomend biking for a while instead of running to anyone, trying to improve form, from making big, long slow steps while running.

Well thats it for today's post.
Have a good Night
Shred ON

Danny




11 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Ja, I also noticed that cycling improved my running....kind of a cross-training-effect. :-)

Danny said...

yup, i really didnt expect it to be honest. Kind of came like a surprize.

Anonymous said...

Hey Danny,
Sorry - yesterday I got up at 4:30AM to head to the airport, had my meetings all day and didn't get to my hotel until 9 pm. I was totally in another zone, so no pushups on Monday. I know - excuses don't count!

Anyway, 110 pus-ups today.

Mike Groom said...

Great chart Danny! Makes it very easy to see if you are on track or not.

Danny said...

i understand the travelling thing, larry. No prob, just do your best on non-travell days.

Thanks mike, i agree. This should help holding myself and the others more accountable from nowon.

Anonymous said...

OK - I just finished my workout this morning. I did 40 pushups for my first set. So that a max for me. and then I did 14 sets of 10 alternating between all of my other upper body resistance exercises. I bailed on my bench press as I figure I got plenty of chest in with the pushups. Funny, I felt yesteray's pushup in my lats ratehr then my pecs this morning. ????

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great improvement. I am always impressed when softball is dedicated like you are.

Softball Training is fun. It's a great sport. Here are a few softball conditioning tips for you. I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Marc

Danny said...

Dunno where that could be coming from larry.
Ive got a picture here with the muscle groups, and it seems that the lat's are somewhat part of the core.
Do you have problems keeping form while doing the exercise? Maybe its the core muscles you need to train.
Anyhow if you dont mind it, just continue that way and your core will be become stronger, should it be the problem.
So its 40 pushups today. COngrats for the personal best.
With the 14 sets of 10, do you mean other exercises of pushups between other exercises?
If the later, than you have 180 push ups today.

Danny said...

thanks for the comment and the link marc.Ill check it out right now.

Shred on

Anonymous said...

yes - 40 personal best pushups and a total of 180 pushups for the day

Danny said...

alrigth larry, ill put it under my post today